Ulmer Chevrolet Cadillac is part of a fifteen Dealership Automotive Group. We have expanded over the years due to the talent of our staff, as a result Ulmer Chev is always open to reviewing resumes from talented and driven individuals even when there are no current openings at our Dealership. Your resume will be sent directly to the General Manager and Controller who will treat your resume as confidential, and pass it on to the appropriate department or Dealership. THANK YOU for considering our team!
1st/2nd Year Apprentice Technician
At Ulmer Chev, our top Journeyman Mechanical Technicians with 5 years experience average $108,757/year!
Become a Licensed Jorneyman in under 4 years! Our technicians deliver the highest quality service while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. As a 1st/2nd Year Apprentice Technician you will be responsible for servicing and repairing vehicles as assigned by management. The ideal candidate must be able to work productively in a fast-paced ream environment.
- Apprentice training provided at no cost
- Diagnoses issues based on experience, analysis, and testing
- Performs routine service inspections or tests and completes standard maintenance jobs=
- Repairs automobiles and light trucks as assigned
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Helps maintain shop appearance and safety standards and ensures the shop runs in an efficient manner by performing duties such as inventory stocking and other general functions
- Follows all shop policy, procedure, safety, and environmental rules
- Attends all staff meetings, training, and educational classes as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- A broad scope of automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with customers, vendors, and staff
- Highly professional and dependable
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Post-secondary automotive training or equivalent work experience beneficial but not required